My Blog List

Sunday, December 27, 2020

A year in Review - not what i thought, but it's better than nothing

For our final post of 2020 we are supposed to recap our year, with before and after pictures.  

I always look forward to seeing what others have done.  You can too by going here:

http://measi.net/measiblog/

So I took my first post and copied it and pasted it below.  This way I can kind of go down the list and comment on what I accomplished and what I didn't.  Like everyone, this year was so different for all of us, I'm still looking for Holidays that I seemed to have missed.  Hopefully 2021 will be better and life will resemble something close to where we were a year ago.

My 2020 New Year's start was BEGIN, which was a start and a finish!!   I did this one for my middle daughter who has been going on her own journey this past year.  This is her favorite quote and I when I saw it I just knew I had to do it for her.  It was fun to stitch and it really went fast.  I had wanted my grandson's sister to paint on the matting, but with all that has been going on, I didn't get a chance to ask her.  Maybe we can have her do it in 2021.


I also started and finished Suffrage Act by LHN and I got 2 other charts with the intent of getting them both done.  I only managed to get the 2nd one started, it's about 1/2 done, well maybe 1/3 done.  I will get it done in 2021.  My great Aunt was part of the movement, so I like to think that is where I get my independence

Suffrage Act


Votes for Women

 





1. SB - Angel's Song Sampler - this one is over 1/2 done, enjoy working on it, not sure why it's not finished.

Angel's Song end of year
Angel's Song beginning of year

I wish I had done more on this one, but only managed to get 2 bands done.  thankfully it's added to my 2021 list :)  So who knows maybe it will get more loving.






2. Nora Corbet - Letter A Mermaids - have to admit I really don't like this one, so it is more of a chore, but the sooner it's done the better.  Might not get it finished, but want to put a dent in it and maybe I can get it to the point where I can see the end.

No loving this year :(  I thought I had pulled this out at least one, but I guess not.  It is on my 2021 list to get some loving, as I need this one done and gone

3. SB - Peter's Patch - the center is done, just need to do the outside border, so shouldn't take too much to get it done. 

Not a lot of 
Peter's Patch - Beginning of Year
loving, but some, this is another one that I enjoy stitching on it, and it was my lunch time stitch, but then things happened and my lunch times got diverted to other activities.
Peter's Patch End of Year












4. Nancy's Needle - Starry Night - about 1/3 done?  It got put in time out because of a mistake, I fixed one of the 4 areas.  I should have fixed the other 3, or at least frogged out the incorrect stitching.  I didn't, so now need to figure it out again.  

Haven't even touch this one this year ;(  

5. As You Like It - The Wiz which is a canvas - working on the back ground and still have a few spots on the wizard to finish, this one received loved in 2019, but it has lingered for years.  

I did get more of the background done, this one will move on to 2021 as one that I would like to get done.

The Wiz - Beginning of Year



the Wiz End of Year
















6 Plum Street - Vexation Sampler - which is a multiplication table, love this one as I'm a number person.  

I did work on this one and was going pretty good on it, then discovered I had a major error in my blocks, so I had to take them out and re-do them.  I also started on the border and got some of that done. 

Vexation at End of Year

Vexation at Beginning of Year
















7. Raymond Crawford - Glenda - which is over 1/2 done, working on the hair and not happy with what I did, so debating if I need to frog it out and try something different.  

I did give this one a very little loving this year.  I'm not happy with the hair and I think that is why it's been sitting doing nothing.

Glenda - End of Year

Glenda Beginning of year















8. Lee's Crane canvas for a pocket size mirror.  This is for my granddaughter and was going to be Christmas, but didn't make it.  

This one is done and gone!! 
Crane - Start and Finish


















I want to give some loving to the following - they are all big projects so not fooling myself I will get them done:

1. Rosewood Manor - American Flag Quilt Sampler, I saw this chart years and years ago and loved it.  So it will get finished one day.  I have one square done out of 50, not very good - not touched at all - no pictures added.

2. Rosewood Manor - Autumn Quaker (have Winter all kitted up and ready to go).  I love the colors, they are so rich and warm.  I am embarrassed how little I have done, I really need to pull it out and do a little bit more. 

A little work, but not much so going to skip the pictures.

3. L&L - Peace Angel - want to get the wings done and start on the face.  This will be one of my lunch projects.  this is for my youngest granddaughter, I'm a little bit late in getting it done.  

Not enough done, this will be one of my focus projects for 2021 and I have a new angel I started for a new grandchild coming in March. Need to have this one done before the new grandchild gets their.
Peace Angel


4. TIAG -  EarthDancer is for my youngest daughter - it was supposed to be her high school graduation present, she is a teacher with her masters - missed that goal by a long shot.  

Another one that spent the year safely in their project bag.

5. Thistles - Family Tree - this one is huge too, but when I saw the chart I knew it had to find it's way into my stash and into my stitching rotations, such as it is.

Starting Point for 2020
T
his one did get some love, I managed to get 2 houses completed and a 3rd one started.  I really enjoy stitching on this one, but the material is so large that it's hard to handle.  So trying different options to keep it contained.
House #1 done
Start of House #3











House #2


6. Scarlet Letter - The Four Angels Mourning Sampler - this one is hard to work on because it's for my daughter who passed away 5 years ago this month.  Parent's should never have to bury their children and would wish this heart ache on my worse enemy.  I pull this out to work on when I need therapy, it will get done at some point.

This one I decided to restart on larger count as there is a lot of over one that needs to be stitch and doing it on 40 ct just wasn't working well for me.  I like the larger count better, so we'll put this back as a focus piece for 2021 and maybe will be back to where I was before :), but I think I'll need to get some more of the silks since I had to rip them out and couldn't save the thread.
4 Angels - Beginning of year

4 Angel - restrat end of year
















Of course 2020 saw several other new starts - here are 5 more that haven't been mentioned yet.

I started one or two or 6 new things because my WIP's were almost under control and I can't let that happen
  • SB stockings - Charland's and Peter's stockings
  • L&L Guardian Angel
  • Lucky 13 - 6 1/2 are done
  • Coming To America
  • Masked Witch
  • Flying Pig  
  • Children's Bookshelf


Charland's Stocking

coming to America

Guardian Angel
Peter's Stocking

Lucky 13

Masked Witch

Small section of Children's Bookshelve

Flying Pig

So this is my 2020 year at a glance.  I did have one more finish that wasn't even on my goal list for last year :)  Song of the Seasons.  I took it to the framers in July and I'm still waiting on it to be done.  Not sure I will use them again.  I know I said I wasn't in a hurry, but didn't think that meant 6 months plus to get it done.  I was spoiled by my framer in CA - most of the time I'd have my pictures back the next week :)  sometimes it would take all of 2 weeks.   This was one when I got started on it, I just couldn't put it down.  Can't wait to get it back from the framers, I was told it was close to being done, not sure what that means, but at least it wasn't lost or stolen, so will be patient and happy.

And my small ornament exchange with the Bluegrass Stitchers.  It was a small one and fun to stitch and one more chart the I've completed in my list of many.

so all in all I completed 13 charts :) Even though some of them on considered one project (like my Family Tree and Lucky 13).  I think that is a good year!!

Love, Peace and Hope for all in 2021.

Sandy

Song of the Season




Angels Sing

3 comments:

  1. Love your projects. 6 months for framing is a bit much unless they were closed for COVID. My framer takes 2 wks or less. Looking forward to watching your progress in 2021

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of stitching in 2020! Ahh, Song of Seasons...yep, that one is a WIP that I would like to get back to sometime in 2021. Hopefully, you'll get the framed piece soon.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lot of lovely photos and very varied projects.
    There's so many I want to see more of this year. Sorry to hear about your daughter, a mourning Sampler will be a lovely way to remember her but I can see why it would be an emotional project to work on.

    ReplyDelete