My Blog List

Saturday, December 19, 2020

Making my 2021 Plans (Heavy Pictures)

 Dear Self;

I know I've made this commitment in the past, but this time I really mean it, I'm going to finish up some of those lingering projects.  It's time to be proactive and get stuff done. 

To accomplish this I've joined the NoNewStarts2021 on FB where we had to declare our WIPs as of 12/13/2020, with pictures posted by that time and at least 200 stitches in each project by 12/31/2020.  I've made my list, and checking it twice going to find out who's worth finishing and who's not!!

My list is about 25 projects and I've broken them down into two categories - my main focus and those that are close to be finished, or are ones that I just want to make progress on.  I set up a wheel to spin  - which I'll do the first day of each month to determine the focus and then the other one I'll spin daily, weekly or whenever I don't feel like stitching on my main focus, but want to stitch.  

I have sent up all of my WIPs in a a truck organizer, which sits back in a corner in my living room, in an ottoman that sits in the living room and a couple have found homes on the couch, but those will need to find new homes soon.  

So everything is within reach.  The only WIP that isn't upstairs is my Peace Angel, she is on the floor stand in the basement.  I will bring her up after the Christmas tree is down and I have something place to put the stand where it isn't in the way.  We live in a very small house while in MI, our KY home is larger, but I keep all of my stitching up here.  So when I go to KY I'll have to be sure to take the focus piece and another piece.

I don't have all of the pictures, because the NoNewStarts is only for cross stitch, and I've added some needlepoint into my mix, but I'm going to post pictures that I have and this is also my starting point.  

So keep me honest and hopefully on track for 2021.  I'm not sure how to insert the names on the pictures, still learning how to use this new and improved blog.  These are all of my WIPs that I will work on over the next 12 months - more than I've listed on the FB page because canvases aren't allowed, but I enjoy doing them and they are good when I need something to do, but don't want to count.

** UPDATE with a picture of American Quilts and the right needlepoint canvas Children's Book Case

Vexation Sampler - Plum Street

Masked Witch


Lucky 13 - Amy Bruecken

Peter's Patch - Shepard's Bush

Ice Angel (my conversion) L&L

Family Tree - Thistles

Walking to St. Ives - Indgo Rose

Peter's Stocking - SB




Family Dragon Fire Designs

Charland's Stocking - SB


Four Mouring Angels 

Glenda - Raymond??

Coming To America - Thread with My Needle

Inspire Others - Hearts Content

Friends - Sandra Vargas



Starry Night - Nancy's Needle

American Flag Quilt - Rosewood Manor

Children's Bookshelf - ??  



EarthDancer - TIAG

Dragon Belt - Liz (??)

Letter A Mermaid - Nora Corbet

PeliCan  Courney Collection

The Wiz - Liz

Guardian Angel - L&L

Autumn Quaker - Rosewood Manor




3 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your 2021 projects, you'll be doing plenty of happy dancing I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some really nice projects for 2021. To add the project name, click on the picture and a menu will appear. Click on the pencil and "Add Caption" will appear beneath the picture. Highlight it and type the name of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic range of designs for next year, you won't be bored with all of those to choose from!
    I don't do needlepoint but it's interesting that the two designs I like best are The Wild Things and the Bookshelf. Maybe because they are both book related!
    Looking forward to following your progress next year.

    ReplyDelete