My Blog List

Saturday, February 13, 2021

 Dear Blog Hoppers    

Happy Valentines day!!  I have to admit that this isn't my favorite holiday because it seems like in school I never really had a sweetheart, so there were never any special cards or boxes of candy.  Always dreaded the day because I knew my box would not be full of cards like those more popular.

My hubby is a nice person and he will get me candy for the event, but he tends to be on the cheap side, so the chocolates are generally what's on sale at the store and the flowers if any are what is left at the store.  Oh well.....

So why am I doing this then?  Because I do love hearts and while I've not stitched many, I had a heart that I had stitched as a shop model and I have a lot of SB kits with hearts that are done in silk, and I LOVE stitching with silk threads.  When the shop closed the owner gave me the framed x-stitch, don't think I have the chart anymore, probably give it back her at the shop.  Anyways it is generally hanging in my home, all year round but since we've moved I've not found a spot for it.  Our house is a lot smaller and doesn't have the wall space, but little by little I'm finding wall space.  

If you want to see what others have stitched go and visit Jo's blog linked below and see the wonderful stitching other talented people are done. I know I will be hopping around looking for my heart :)  If the rest are as lovely as the one I'm posting I will really enjoy my time!!  Please be sure to post the chart and designer when the mystery person identifies themself.  I live the little birds.

Serendipitous Stitching





16 comments:

  1. Very sweet heart but not mine! I do love stitching hearts, too. And I commiserate with you, the days of TraderVic buying me flowers for Valentine's Day are long gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad my birds find you in the Midwest for a Valentine Day visit! It's a pattern from Stéphanie Lejeune a French designer. There is a serie of six stitching birds "les oiseaux brodeurs" Brin par brin, I'm stitching another one actually you'll see soon on the blog. Joyeuse Saint Valentin ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentines day, and I see your Valentine has already visited, beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Valentine's birds stitched by Jocondine, Happy Valentine's Day 💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Jocondine's birds. It's a design I've not seen before, but one I hope to track down for future stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day! Such sweet birds! Well done to Jocondine! I hope you have a lovely day! My husband and I usually only exchange cards, but I enjoy his love every day! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet stitch, I love the pink and red in it. Beautifully stitched, Jocondine.
    We don't make a big fuss over today, normally handmade cards, carnations, and cookies! Happy ❤ Day to you, I hope you can enjoy some stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute stitch! Hope you had a good day despite your bad experiences. My husband doesn't Valentine's, I stitch something for him every year but I think this year was the first time I got chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking part in the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop this year.
    Valentine Gifts are not really a thing in U.K. Schools so we never had that experience. Parents do sometimes leave a gift on the doorstep, ring the doorbell and hide. Then the children find a gift from St Valentine!
    Glad you liked your French Valentine this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a pretty design. Like you I love heart designs. I even have a book of cross stitch hearts to stitch. I just haven't stitched any of them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet stitch! I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally had time to hop along. What a beautiful piece Jocondine has stitched up. Thanks for sharing for us all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute one and there are other ways to use Valentine's Day, like Galentines with girlfriends or Palentines with mixed friends or just get yourself some gourmet chocolates. DH almost never buys me any, so I buy them for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete