My Blog List

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Last Sunday of the month and Last Day of the month too

 Dear Blog world and fellow stitchers

Its hard to believe that we are at the end of another month already, I'm still looking for last summer, which I know has come and gone, so need to set my sights on this summer I guess.  Until then I guess we'll take each month as it comes.

Which brings us to the point of this posting, it's time for the monthly check in for WIPocalypse, which is a SAL at your own pace on your own projects of things we'd like to get done before the world ends or 2021 is in the history books.  If you want to see what other stitchers are doing and the progress they have made, you can go to this website and who Measi has linked to her blog

WIPocalypse

So the next question is February 28 – What stitch-a-longs (SALs) are you participating in this year?

This year I'm doing the NO NEW STARTS 2021 SAL - which is a FaceBook group.  On 12/13/2020 we had to declare our WIPs and by 12/31/2020 we had to have at least 200 stitches or 2 hours of work on them to be counted.  Originally I have about 40 WIPs that I wanted to post, but was told it was limited to ONLY actual cross stitch designs, or black work, no needlepoint.  After I eliminated those from my list I was down to 23 WIP with 12 main focus and 11 Other.  


I joined the group, but I'm not participating for the big prizes of gift certificates at a local shop.  I figure I have more than enough stash to last me my life time and then some, so figured I would leave it for someone else who would need it more than me.  That mindset was also based on the theory that I can go a full year without any new starts.  So less than 60 days into the new year I'm holding up well, but we'll see what the rest of the year brings, hopefully more finishes than starts!!


Now we are on to the picture show of what I did do during February.  I had my main focus piece was my Family Tree By Thistle Design.  It has a large tree in the middle with houses along both sides and the top. 

I am doing a house for each of our 4 kids, then one for myself and hubby and then two houses for hubby's parents and 2 for my parents.  So in total there are 10 houses.   I'm inserting a picture of the whole design.  I'm moving the houses around to fit each of us, so they won't be in order of the actual chart.  Here is my small finish for this month.  This the 3rd house.  I started on the 4th hours last night, and will work on it some more today, then it will be put away.  Will post a picture next month.

Next I finished the baby hat to go with the other hat for my grandchild that is due any day now.  I have done several hats for him/her, but this one will be for my middle daughter and the baby (the auntie).  I need to mail it off yet, but was hoping I would have yet another hat done that will have Oscar the Grouch on it.  It's more than half done, so maybe it will get finished yet today.  I have a zoom with my siblings and my folks, so I can knit while we talk amongst ourselves.



Then had a finish, my Votes for Woman, this is the second sampler that I have done to commemorate the Right for Woman to vote.  I have one more in my stash, but won't be able to start that one until 2022, which will be a little bit late, but never too late to remember.  

Then I decided that instead of waiting until today I would spin to see what my March focus would be and it's Guardian Angel, which is fitting since that is for the pending grandchild.  I will pull that out tomorrow and put a few stitching in it.  My goal each month is for the focus piece to get about 40 hours of loving, which is about 10 hours a week.  Not sure I'm really making that goal, but I try.  I'm hoping if I can get down to the dress, which makes it more fun to stitch on, right now I'm working on the wings, which is where I am on my Angle of Peace.  If I could just get past the wings, the rest of the design work be more fun to stitch!!  I also am considering changing the color of the hair and skin tone, so while I could have started on the hair already, I've not decided how or what colors to use.  So here is my starting point with Guardian Angel as of today, lots of wings to do, so it can keep me busy.

I also did my spin for my secondary piece, but it came up with Noah's Ark again, so I'm going to re-spin or maybe just pick something out.  I really would like to work on my multiplication table :)

Hope you all have had a great February and are staying safe.

Sandy



1 comment:

  1. I love that Family Tree but I would want to change them to the actual houses we live in!
    I enjoy new starts throughout the year, especially the monthly ornaments so I wouldn't do No New Starts but I do try to not start anything which doesn't have a plan to finish it! Trying to keep the total down to less than twenty WIPs.

    ReplyDelete