My Blog List

Sunday, December 26, 2021

Well time to put 2021 stitching to bed for the year

 It's that time of the month - time to post what I've done in the last month on my WIP's for WIPocalypse which is hosted by Measi and can be found  here WIPocalypse    I always enjoy seeing what other are doing, or more appropriately what other's have accomplished.  

Each Month we are given a subject/question to answer, since it's the end of the year we are being asked to recap what we've accomplished for the year.  I can't say I'm totally happy with my accomplishments, but I managed to finish 4 different WIPs and more importantly, the one that was most important so I'll start there.

My Daughter told me in 2020 she was expecting a baby, but decided not to find out the sex until the baby was born.  So I started a girl and boy stocking with the idea I'd finish them both and then put a name on the top when it was time.  Well the boy stocking didn't get touched all year because deep down I knew I was having another grand-daughter and I did!!  And if it wasn't I figured I'd still have plenty of time to get the boy's stocking done.  

So here is the starting point of the stocking and it finishes minus the trim and loop at the top.  Not sure why I didn't take one more picture, but I didn't.  It was done and the stock was ready for her first Christmas.  

I will do the boy stocking and just put it away. I have 3 others kitted up to stitch at some point as well.  Since my kids are done having their own children, I want to get a jump on great-grandchildren.  I think Barbara Bush had it right when she stitched many stockings for future grandchildren.  I would love to have about 10 stitched and just needing names and finishings.  which can be done by anyone.

I also finished my Lucky 13 design.  This had 12 smaller motifs, you got a chart each month with #13 being a preview to another monthly series.  Wasn't thrilled with the new series, so opted not to participate if they decided to go that route.  I don't think I was alone in that decision.

Anyways, this was a SAL with my local LNS that went defunked when COVID hit, as I was not going to continue with the group in a small crowded shop.  Then of course, all non-essential shops were closed, so they worked around it and while they've had a couple of monthly stitch-ins I have not participated.  

I think the shop owner has written me off the list of monthly stitcher, but I'm OK with that until we have truly turned the corner and it's safe to socialize with people that aren't in your smaller bubbles.  

So here is where I started and the finish.  It's not framed yet, will do that after the first of the year.

I've also got another finish.  I completed Votes for Women.   I want my daughters and granddaughters never to take the right to vote for granted as many woman fought hard to get that right.  

I completed one in 2020 and have one more that I will start in 2022 and hopefully complete.  Once done then these will be gifted to my daughters and granddaughter.  I have raised very independent daughters, who have learned to rely on themselves and develop a relation based on mutual respect.  

My last finish for the year was my SB's Peter's Patch. I started this one maybe in 2015 and it sat unloved for many years.  I just wasn't into doing the middle borders with all the color changes.  I pulled this out in December and decided that it needed some time this year, and then decided that I should just get it finished.  While I'm calling it a finish, I found I missed 3 x's, so will need to get those done before I actual get it framed.  I will put the pictures in at the bottom.  I can't seem to get my pictures in like I would like them.

Peter's Patch isn't framed either, I need to find a picture of my Grandma Pearl to include with it, as my Grandmother was a practical woman (charge nurse at the hospital) and if she had a garden, it would have been vegetables.  this is a companion piece for Sophie's Roses, which I call Millie's Roses after my other Grandmother, who loved her rose garden and spent many hours tending them and taught as as well.

I started 2021 with 22 or 23 focused WIPS and didn't start anything new from 1/1/2021 to 12/17/2021.  Of those focused projects i worked on all but 2 - I didn't touch my L&L Ice Angel or SB's Peter's stocking.  

Neither of these will go into 2022 right now, but who knows they could make an appearance.  For now I have selected 22 other projects to focus on, with 14 that will be my starting focus and then will add the rest as the year goes on so I can have new starts throughout the year.  I'm so looking forward to 2022 being one step closer to my previous stitching levels.

Hope you all have great years, can't wait to see what others have done.

Sandy









4 comments:

  1. A lovely review of your stitching in 2021, good luck with your 2022 projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review of your 2021 stitching!
    Good luck with your 2022 aims.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review of the year, you did achieve quite a lot in the end. I do like the idea of stocking up on stockings! The SB designs to represent your grandmothers are both lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo on not starting new projects! That's tough to do as I had only 1 new start I think. Now I'm foaming at the mouth to start some new things. Your finishes were important ones. Lucky 13 looks great. I love the idea of stocking up on stockings! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete