My Blog List

Sunday, January 9, 2022

WIPocalypse

 It's that time of the month - time to post for WIPocalypse which is hosted by Measi and can be found  here WIPocalypse    I always enjoy seeing what other are doing, or more appropriately what other's have accomplished.  

So who am I, right now I've a very frustrated person - my computer screen went out on my laptop and I took in my computer to be fix and they wiped my hard drive because they decided they needed to upgrade my operating system :(. so I have NO pictures, no passwords, no nothing!!  I am rebuilding some stuff, but my pictures I will never get back, and it included pictures of my daughter that we lost to cancer 7 years ago this month and my sister that we lost to cancer 7 years ago this coming August.    Not to mention all the baby pictures of my grandkids, my travels and so many more.  I am sick, and the guy at the place just said - we aren't responsible for lost data........ so no pictures as I have to re-take them all

My plans this year was to participate in NoNewStarts 22:22 - which allows you to have 22 WIPs in progress.  Once you declare a WIP, it stays in the mix until it is done, but if you have a finish you can start something new :). I declared 14 to start with, which I need to go back and figure out what they were (lost my excel spreadsheets too).  The projects were classified into Big A@@ Projects, Large, Medium and Small.  If you completed a Small, you can only replace with a Small, but if you completed a BAP - you can replace with something smaller - i.e. Large, Medium or Small.  So I tried to pick out projects that would fit into all of those categories and left a few blanks so I could start things that hit my fancy during the year.

My goal is to get all my WIP's photographed again, and then do progress pictures.  Not sure how much progress I'll have this month as I'm working on my computer hoping that I can find some tidbits of stuff.

Hope everyone else had a much better start to the new year.  


Sandy

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe they wiped your computer without checking you'd made a backup copy of the documents and photos. That's very negligent.

    I keep nothing on my actual computer, it's all on an external USB. I'm on my third laptop in 15 years so it's much easier that way. I've also started copying my blog posts to a FB account so I have a copy of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that happened! That's just terrible. I could feel the sadness and anger through your words and rightfully so. Good luck with NoNewStarts. I'm doing the opposite! Lol. Hope you're able to get some pics and tidbits back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge hugs, how upsetting and annoying that your photos were lost, treasure the memories you do have, maybe write them in a book to treasure.

    ReplyDelete