My Blog List

Sunday, March 27, 2022

end of March....Already?

 I can't believe another month is just about over, but it is and I'm so far behind on what I need to have done this month.  I have been stitching, but for the last week not a lot.  I go in streaks I guess and with a deadline at work, I'm not had the energy to do a lot.

So the question this month is:

Tell us about a technique, designer, pattern, or anything else in stitching that you’ve been nervous or afraid to try.

Well there is one needlepoint that is a counted needlepoint that I loved when I saw it, but it has a button stitch on it, that I've been nervous about doing.  At one time I found someone to do it, but she didn't get it done, and I've long since stopped going to those stitching sessions/meetings and have moved to a different state, so don't think she will finish it for me now.  Its funny because that was the only part of the design she wanted to do, and it's the only part of the design I don't want to do.  Anyways, it has sat for probably 5 years now with no love.  Here is it, you can see that a lot of the collar is done, but I just can't get past the stitches inside the collar.  Maybe one day it will get finished.

So what have I been working on this month?  Well the Mermaid got pulled out and I worked on it for about an hour and put it aside.  It was called on my WIPGO board and I had the best of intensions of working on it, but just really don't like it.  So what is called again for April?  It is :(. I guess the powers that be figure I need to get it done.

I did work on my my Song of the Angel and got the small city completed and the words underneath it as well as another band under that, so my goal of 4 rows was meet.  this one will come out and play again, not sure when but it will.

And then my Tomayto, Tomahto design came out, and I'm almost done with the design.  I would have had the big tomato done, but ran out of thread, so will get that done and then do the brown and a little bit of green and then move the q-snaps and get the last part done.  I really like working on this one, so you might see a small finish by next month.

then there is another small design in the same kit, so that will be worked on, but not right away.  

I did work on another design, but for some reason I didn't take any pictures of it....not sure why so will take some pictures for next month's check in.  and who knows maybe the mermaid will get some love.

Sandy



2 comments:

  1. Your needlepoint lady is beautiful. Is she the same one Beth has in her header? Maybe she can give some advice for the tricky stitch or suggest a substitute?
    Good luck with the April WIPGO.

    ReplyDelete