My Blog List

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March, missed the check in on Sunday

 I thought about posting on Sunday, even had downloaded my pictures in hopes of doing an update, but just didn't get it together.  If you could see all the fantastic blogs I write in my mind, I mean I'm blogging almost everyday in my mind, too bad my mind and fingers aren't connected LOL

So WIPocalypse is where we show what we've done and the hopes of actually finishing some of our WIPs before the world comes to an end.  If I could just complete more than I start each year I would be doing good.  The biggest mistake I ever made was believing I could do a rotation, I think I started 12 new projects with the idea I would stitch for 12 hours on each one and then move on....well that never happened.  Over the years I have had some self imposed years that I don't start anything new, so I'm managed to go from a high of about 50 down to my current 32 - which are x-stitch and Needlepoint, so not too bad.

This month's check in question was what SAL do you participate in this year?    I don't do any actual SAL's that you get a new piece of the puzzle each month or at some intervals.  Not that I wouldn't do them, but I've been burned on "mystery" samplers in the past, so I want to see what it looks like before I committee and I guess that just takes the mystery out of the project.   

However I am doing WIPGO where you put 25 projects into a bingo type board, and then each month they pull 2 numbers and those on the ones you are supposed to focus on for that month.  

I'm also doing No New Starts - but I'm doing the 22:22 where you can work on up to 22 projects, but you can't add any new ones until you finish one.  I currently have 14 projects identified, so I can start something new, and I have 2 projects that I will start at some point this year for sure.  

I was also signed up for the No New Starts Road Trip, but when my computer got wiped, I just didn't have the energy to figure out how to play with the group.  So don't think that will happen.

Lastly this group - but you all know about it, so won't go into it.

So what did I do in January and February since I missed the last check in?  Let me go look at my pictures :P

First up was are my January WIPGO which were Women's Right to Vote - where my goal was all the words and my Noah's Ark - 2 animals.

Women's Right to Vote is the 3rd and final chart I'm doing to honour the Women who fought so hard to get us the right to vote.  My Great Aunt was part of that movement - but she also was against drinking and would have loved to see prohibition last forever.   All that is left to do on this one is one more woman holding a flag.  My goal was to do all the words, which was met, the second time its on my board the goal is to do the 2 women, which one is done already.  Should be easy-peasy to get it done.

I want my girls to know how important it is to vote and I while we were all in KY, we voted as a family all the time once they were old enough to vote.   I have been fired from jobs when I've questioned why I was doing more work than many of the males, and being paid less.....and been passed over for promotions because they thought a man would be better in the position.  Am I a fighter?  yup and my Aunt Tess would be proud of me :).  I like to think that other women have benefited from my small fights, as I point out to many, when I went to college with 2 small children mine you, I have a 3.8 GPA taking the same classes as the men I went to school with, AND when I took the CPA exam (while working 60 hour weeks and taking care of 4 kids) they didn't hand out pink easy exams for the "girls" and blue exams for the "boys", we all took the same exam and guess what?  I passed it, took me 3 tries, but I made it!!  So go and VOTE every chance you get, you can make a difference, even if its a small one.....ok off my soap box.


 I also started the Raccoons on my Noah's ark Afghan, but ran out of the dark brown thread before I could get it done.  My goal was 2 animals, but I only got this far, so it's not a completed goal yet.  I will pull it back out hopefully in March or April and get this one done and the other one - which are squirrels.  I really want this afghan done and out of the WIP pile - it is by far my oldest WIP now - it's about 25 years old.

February's numbers were Coming to American, my goal was to get the boat finished, but after I pulled it out I couldn't decide what that meant.  Originally it was "just" the actual boat itself, but then I thought I should add the sails to that if I really want the boat to be finish.  I did get the boat itself done, and about 1/3 of the sails done.  It will come back out again when it is called for the second time - which is to finish the water, since that is almost done, I will work on the sails and hopefully get those done and maybe some of the seagulls.  Here is where it is today:


Then my Family chart was called, and my goal was to get the all the words done - well it hasn't seen the light of day yet.  I just wasn't feeling it, so I decided to pull out a different goal on my WIPGO and work on that with the idea that when that one is called I will work on the other one instead....we'll see.  

Here is my Multiplication Table design.  I really love this one and I think I can get it finished this year as there is a 3rd one I want to start.  What can I say, I love numbers - hence being a CPA.  My goal was to have all the numbers finished from 1 through 6, which is pretty much page 1 and part of 2.  I think I might have a little bit more than than this picture shows.  I'm adding more colors than the chart called for and loving it.


Then I decided to work on my Mercy-Mercy design since it is a relatively small design and once I get the top done, the rest is basically words.  I really love this small design and want it hanging in my granddaughter's room as a reminder that she needs to be a good person.  Here is where it is now, the top portion is close to be finished.  Will need to move the q-snaps to get the left side done once I finish up the top boarder. 

Lastly I pulled out Elizabeth Eyes which is a kind of stitch along with Laura from Brenda & the Serial Started (who is Laura - she has more starts than finishes, a woman after my own heart).  When I saw the chart I really liked it and would have stitched it even if she hadn't made it her 1/1/2022 birthday start.  I'm working on the 1st page.  I have about 1/2 of it done, there is a huge flower in the center that will take a little bit to do.  I have another angel to stitch at the top.  This one is being done in silk threads and I'm enjoying it.  So it most likely will get more time than my WIPGO board has me do.


The March numbers were pulled the other day and I'm supposed to work on my Mira - Mermaid Letter A and my SB Angel's Song.  

I have out the Angel's Song to work on and hope to meet that goal quickly, it's to finish 4 bands, one will take more time, but I think the next 3 will go fast.   Here is my starting point I'm not quite 1/2 through that band.

Mira Letter A, I really don't enjoy stitching on it, but it has to be done and I think if I put the 10 hours into that I have on my board it will be done.  So wish me luck!! 

This is the last picture I have of it, I'm thinking I've done a little bit more than this shows as I was hoping to get it done in 2021, but failed.  I guess I shouldn't say "failed", I just got tired of stitching on it.  

Once the stitching is done there are a ton of beads that need to be added, so this one might not get done in 2022, but hoping all the stitching is done as I want the q-snaps for something else LOL


Hope you are all had a great month and met your goals or at least got some stitching done.  As for me I'm going to pull out something to stitch on and enjoy an hour or so of stitching.  

Sandy




1 comment:

  1. You have been busy this year! I totally agree about Votes for Women, we are still discriminated against and almost every post about women's rights has a man bleating "but what about my rights?"
    I also compose my blog posts in my head before I write them. Makes it quicker that way!
    Good luck with WIPGO this year, I'm enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete