My Blog List

Saturday, April 29, 2023

April checkin that should have happened last weekend.....oh well

 Generally we update the last Sunday of the month, which is tomorrow, but for some reason we were supposed to update last Sunday, so I'm late.  

Each month we are encouraged to show our progress on our WIPS or new starts. This wonderful idea is created by Messi on her blog that can be found here:. WIPocalypse

The April question was where do you buy your stitching supplies.  While I love the touch and feel things and prefer a real store, our local store seems to have odd hours and they seem to change with the wind.  I'm sure if I went more often I would know what they are and when they are changing, but between working and caring for my Mom, I don't get to go very often.  So when I have the need to have stitching supplies I generally to GaRon Stitchery because they are so very quick!!    However I found that when I'm actually stitching, I really am not buying, so haven't gotten a lot of charts over the past couple of years.

I must admit I do go to other shops on-line.

April wasn't a very busy stitching month I think I worked on two different cross stitches and one needlepoint.  I have a deadline for the needlepoint, and I don't work well under pressure on doing something like that, and then tend to NOT stitch at all.  I think that's because my work has absolute deadlines that can't be missed, so I avoid pressure in my personal life.  But I need to get it done by May 21st, so can't procrastinate much longer.

So here is what I've done:

No this isn't anything to do with Cross-stitch, but my folks had a neighbour who was short (like me) and she would come to spend time with my folks, drop in when us kids were home etc. and she loved to drink coffee.  So my folks always kept a coffee cup on the lower shelve just for her.  She has been gone for many years now, and I miss her visits because she had an infectious laugh and smile.  The coffee cup is still kept on the lower shelve and when I open the cabinets it makes me smile, even on a bad day.  

So not stitching related, but a story that needed to be told.









this is Lizzy Kate Things Unseen, I did most of this last month, but put in a little bit more this month.  The words "The Best" was supposed to be in brown and In The W was supposed to be Red, oh well, my stitching my rules :). In 40 years who will care right?




I worked on my Glendon Place - WITCH - I wanted to get the witch done and there she is!!  Below will be the words and 1 1/2 more frogs and I'll have the top all done.  Really love this one, the words will take a longtime to do, but will be so worth it.

The last is my needlepoint - I have all of the children's clothes done and the blanket around the Indian woman.  Will work on the faces and hair next and then the background.  I got the rest of the threads for the faces, plan on doing them in different ethnic colors as all children should be included in the stories.  I know I've told this before, but the box will have stories of my sister in it for her daughter's wedding!!  She was actually married a couple of months back due to some events, but will have an actual wedding in May, which had been planned and mostly paid for, so why not? 

Also found out that she is expecting a baby, which I think will be here in Nov/Dec time frame - so you'll see a stocking soon.

May's report I'm hoping will have more stitching, my WIPGO board called Dog's Last Will and Testament and Things Unseen as well as EarthDancer and Family.

Sandy


3 comments:

  1. The idea of the box with your sisters stories is such a nice touch! The needlepoint piece will be so cute! I like GaRon Stitchery too, and they are fast with the shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work and who would ever know you've swapped the colours over? Not me!
    I love the idea of sharing the stories with your niece. And also having the wedding party a few weeks after the official bit. They will probably be more relaxed and able to enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet memory, I hope you use that mug sometimes.
    Good for you for making it yours, I change colours too!
    Your witch looks great and all those kiddos are looking so cute.
    So will it be a little box or a big one with lots of stories?!

    ReplyDelete