My Blog List

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May is almost over and time to check in

 Well past time to check in on WIPocalypse, which is the wonderful idea of  Measi, and her website can be found here

WIPocalypse

May is a bad month for. me, I spend most of it in Work Jail and it seems like all I do is get up, work, go to my folks for daily morning routine, come home work, eat dinner, another trip to my folks and go to bed.  I don't get to do a lot of stitching.  

The question of the month is something like what project brings you the most joy.  Once I get stitching on something it's my favourite of the moment, so I guess there isn't any one WIP that calls to me all the time - well OK that crow hidden on the shelves has been calling, but it's not time for it to come out and play yet.

So here is what I've been doing - not in this order, but during the month of May.

Heartstring Samplery's Dog's Last Will and Testimony - I just love that little dog!!  This one is almost all words, I think I'm about 1/2 done now, but I had to finish this little guy because he is so darn cute.   There are two different colors of thread for the words, and it seems to change at odd times, so I just stitch one length in one color then change - I mean who cares?  This is for me and I'm happy with the way it's turning out.  I'm not really a dog person, but my middle daughter is, so this most likely will go and live with her.


Not a Cross-stitch, but a family picture, well as much family as we could round up at the moment - my niece got married in May and some of us were there.  It was so nice to see my nephew, his wife, my nieces and grand-niece.  The bride is missing, but the rest of the family that was there is in the picture.    My granddaughter (pictured below) was in the wedding - she did a pretty good job of walking down the aisle, but then turned on her heels and bee-lined it back the way she came.  She almost took the bride and her father down in the process, but they saw her coming and split at the right moment.   My parent's couldn't make it to the wedding, my Mom has dementia and while she knows who my Dad is and me sometimes, she could have been overwhelmed with all the people.  So my Dad opted to stay home with her since we can't leave her alone anymore.

The next picture, also not stitching related, is the new additional on our house!!  The people who built the house decided not to have a garage and instead turned that space into living space - which we live in.   So we decided to add on the garage this year and a new bedroom, sitting room and bathroom!!  This is lovingly called the grandma suite and where I'll reside when I'm really to ready retire.  Hubby likes the space, I didn't tell him the construction had started (we spend a lot of time near my parents), so when he went to the house he wasn't sure he was at the right place.  He was really surprised.  You can't see from here, but I have a row of windows in the back - it will get the morning sun, so will be great for stitching in the morning!!  Can't wait!!  Should be done soon and then we can move our bed into the new room and I can also move my desk.  It will also get a baby grand piano that was my grandmother's.  Look out chop sticks here I come LOL  
While I'm so happy to have it, it is taking all my spare stitching money, so good thing I have about 30 WIP to keep me occupied while I spend money on this and not stitching stash.   OK true confession - I have like 1600 charts and kits and threads coming out of my ears, so I'm not going to hurt not buying new.  Although there are two charts that I might just have to stop and get soon.    The next picture is my granddaughter her in flower dress - my sister made the dress and she really loved it and had fun twisting and twirling in it and running back down the aisle with her basket of petals.  

OK, back to stitching - this is Lizzy Kate's Things Unseen - not a lot of progress, but some.  My colors are off, but who cares?  Not me, so where the pink is should be brown and where the brown is should be pink.  At the end of the day no one will ever know.  I love the saying on this and can't wait to get to the motifs below the section I'm working on.   Hope to have more stitching done next month - I have my stitching bag packed for my mini vacation - I think 4 or 5 different projects will be enough for week LOL

Sandy



1 comment:

  1. You have been a busy bee! A wedding is always fun and the little flower girl is so cute too.
    I agree about the colours, no one would ever know you have changed them, they look fine as they are.
    Serendipitous Jo

    ReplyDelete