My Blog List

Sunday, December 31, 2023

December is over, almost good bye 2023, hello 2024

 Dear world

I made it through 2023 without losing my mind, killing anyone (thankful the bail money can now be used for new stash) and still employed (I work for stash).  I've. been blessed with good health, and hopefully that will continue.  We have some challenges going into 2014, but for now we re focused on the positive.

It was a good year, I participated in 3 FB groups - 

WIPGO - which I almost had a black out, I did a lot better this year than in 2022 which was my first year participating.




WIP Warriors - I did the Work Your WIPs - which you could start something if you finished something - I did several starts, but they were also finishes, so I was very happy.

WIPocalypse - which this was my 10th year!!  Love this group - love seeing what others are doing as well.  If you want more information on this group, please visit Measi's web page which can be found here:

https://measi.net

This is our last check in for 2023 - how neat that it would be on the last day of the year.  You are supposed to recap what you did, but want to start with what I stitched on in December.  I did more than I thought.

First one up is Elizabeth Eyles by Scarlet letter.  I finished the two angels at the top, started the heart under it and the flower to the right of the bird. I need to get some more green silk so I can fill in some spots.  this one is almost 1/2 done and I'm enjoying it.  Not sure it will be a focus piece for 2024, but it will get more love that is for sure.  I enjoy it, and think I have more done than this picture shows.


The next one up is my Four Corner Mourning Angels by Scarlet Letter.  I started this one for my daughter, but didn't realize how much over one that it has.  It was supposed to be done on 40ct, but after working on that, decided it wasn't going to happen, so I got 28 ct and restarted it and I'm happy with it now.  Most of my progress has been over-one.  I go between 2 threads and half stitches and full crosses with one thread.  This one is no where near being done, I'm in no hurry and only work on this one when it calls to me, but thinking I might make April and August Angel months and pull it out and work on it then.  I have 4 other Angels to get done, so if they each get a week or two I should get good progress, none of them will actually get done in 2024, but who knows.

The next two are small starts and finishes during the month.  They are both Shephard Bush small kits.  I decided I wanted to get some of the smaller kits done in 2023 and managed to get all of the ones I pulled out completed and two of them actually framed and 2 more ready to frame.  The rest will be ornaments.  

There was only one small design that I pulled out to work on that I didn't touch.  That one might come out in 2024, but I'm OK if it doesn't, it wasn't a SB but it is a kit that is Valentine themed.  Will keep it within reach if it calls out to me to be started.

The first one is Joy and the second one is Peace.  I will fully finish these in 2024 so they are ready for a tree in 2024 - my daughter is getting married, so maybe she should like them for her tree in their new home.

The next picture is a new start, it's Mary Gypson by Whil Iris Naps Design and was a exclusive from a FB group, although I think it's been released now, so anyone can get it.  I'm getting in some of the borders so the next time I can go back and do the alphabet and work my way down to the two houses.

Sorry that the picture is sideways, not sure why that happened or why I didn't rotate it, but I didn't.  Next picture will be better, this one will come out again in 2024.  

The last one is Courage by Praiseworthy Stitches and I'm doing this one in different colors.  I started with a dark purple and will end up with a light teal.   I managed to get about 50% of the first page.  Just trying to decided where to go next and what color to use.  I got some solid colors for the smaller motifs, just need to decided what should be considered small vs. large.  There are alphabets through out the chart, I will wait until last to put those in so I can place them as needed.  This one is done for my daughter who died from stomach cancer, my sister who died from ovarian cancer, my Dad who survived prostate cancer, my husband who survived larynx cancer and my Mom who has dementia.  


The Pictures below are my finishes for 2023.  Most of these were start and finishes in 2023 - I did a lot of very small kits this year.  Sorry these pictures are all over the place, just can't get them to move.  I had 4 finishes in. 2023 that started the year as WIPS - La-D-Da's The Raven and Little House Needlework - Blessed is the Life.  Both of these were stated at the end of 2022 and finished in 2023.  The Baby Sampler which was a kit I had originally stitched for my youngest daughter, and this one was for her daughter I started maybe at the end of 2021?  Once I got going on it, it went quickly and my daughter was so happy to get it.

the last one is not pictured it's Angel's Song by SB - it was pretty well done by the end of 2022, so was a quick finish and it's framed and hanging on my wall along with the Raven and Blessed is the Life.

I'm happy with this year and hope that 2024 has some finishes.












 




3 comments:

  1. Great variety of stitching! Cancer sucks, it also took my parents and my mom was only 49 when she died. Sorry for your losses😔The bird on the Eyles piece is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work for this year, especially your lovely samplers.

    ReplyDelete