My Blog List

Sunday, January 7, 2024

time for an updated introduction to me

 I just looked back and this will be my 12th year participating in WIPocalypse - you'd think by now I'd learn how to spell it, but alas, spelling has always been a challenge for me.  

This group is the brain child of Measi Musings who for the past 13 years has been inspiring us all to work on our WIPs.  I wanted to join the first year, but didn't know how to create a blog, still not very good at it, but at least I'm trying - maybe an old dog can learn new tricks.  So the first year I just read people's blogs and enjoyed their journey.

Back when I joined (not going to say started) this group my goal was to work on my WIP's and eventually get them down to where I was a one at a timer again, but like spelling that just doesn't seem to be my thing.  I love having different things going, lots of large projects with a few smaller ones sprinkled in so when I have a need for a finish, I can get one.  And I LOVE people who have more WIPS than me and especially love their WIP Parades on Floss tube.  So you will never hear a negative comment from me about the number of WIPS you have, or if you UFO any of them - totally understand and I've got your back :) 

So who am I?  I'm old enough to be retired, but decided to work a few more years because we decided to add a room on to our house and I want it paid off so I can enjoy retirement and not have to work.  (my space!). I've been married for almost 40 years and we have 4 kids, all over the age of 40 (I call it the new math).  We have 5 grandchildren and soon to be great-grandparents in July.  I get to work from home and have been since before the big shut-down, which meant I never got to enjoy any actual time off - just more work.  I can set my own hours as long as my work gets done, which is nice as I'm also a caregiver for my folks.  I was an avid reader when I use to commute to an actual office since I rode a bus, but since working from home and not traveling like I had been, my reading has been almost non-existent anymore - I loved mysteries and if I'm going to read, that is what I'll grab.

I love to stitch BAP, which is like my quilting - if I'm making a quilt it's a king size quilt, hence not finishing many of them - my Quilt kits would rival my stitching projects all kitted up.  the last couple of years I've been obsessed with Samplers - before that it was L&L Angels.  I love the full coverage pieces people do, but know it's not for me, I've tried it and it was an epic failure on my part.  My lovely friend finished the piece for me and it hangs on my walls and I love it.

I currently have 37 WIPS that are active (if you count there are more than 37, but I count the Noah's Ark as one since they are all on the same piece)- there are a few that have been abandon for longer than many of you have been breathing on this earth, but here is my list.  There are only 2 on this list that may never get finished, one I just plan don't find any joy in stitching and the other has been pledged with frequent visits from a frog.  We will see what happens to them this year.

DesignerChart NameThemeStarted
Heartstring SampleryHis Eye is on the SparrowAntique SamplerYes
Plum StreetVexation SamplerSampleryes
With Thy Needle & ThreadComing to America - The Women of the MayflowerSamplerYes
Scarlet LetterElizabeth EylesAntique Sampleryes
Heartstring SampleryA Dog's Last Will and TestamentSampleryes
Lavender & LacePeace AngelAngelyes
Curtis BoehringerNoah's ArkUrial 
Curtis BoehringerNoah's ArkVicuna 
Curtis BoehringerNoah's ArkWolf 
Curtis BoehringerNoah's ArkX-tra Large Hippos 
Curtis BoehringerNoah's ArkYak 
Curtis BoehringerNoah's ArkZebra 
Curtis BoehringerNoah's ArkNoah 
Curtis BoehringerNoah's ArkYesah, Noah's wife 
Needle Work PressThe Mary Ann Aldred SamplerAntique SamplerYes
Dragon Fire DesignsFamilySampleryes
Carriage HouseA Mind Independent & FreeSamplerYes
Tempting Tangles DesignsArc of Whitesampleryes
Glendon PlaceWITCH HalloweenYes
AuryTM DesingAliceQuakeryes
Lila's StudioNevermoreHalloweenYes
Heartstring SampleryWinter ComesSampleryes
Symbolic GesturesSummer Basket SamplerSampleryes
Needlwork PressAnn Kirby 1845Sampleryes
Heart's ContentWicket Was HereHalloweenyes
Stitchy PoselFrankenstein SamplerHalloweenyes
Rosewood ManorO'SantaChristmasYes
Lavender & LaceIce AngelAngelyes
Indigo RoseWalking to St. Ivessampleryes
Barbara Ana DesignsAll Creatures Great & SmallSampleryes
Lavender & LaceEarthdancerAngelyes
Rosewood ManorAmerican FlagSampleryes
Heart's ContentInspire OthersSampleryes
Scarlet Letterthe Four Angels Mouring SamplerSampleryes
Rosewood ManorAutum QuakerSampleryes
Shepherd's BushPeter's StockingChristmasyes
Lizzy KateThings UnseenChristmasYes
ThistlesFamily TreeSampleryes
Lavender & LaceGuardian AngelAngelyes
Courtney CollectionsPeliCan 9animalyes
Carriage HouseHalloween @ Hawk Run HallowsHalloweenyes
PraiseWorthy StitchesSimple Gifts - CourageQuarteryes
Whilst Iris Naps DesignMary Gypsoon 1828Sampleryes
La-D-DaAwake my SoulSampleryes

I have plans to add more, and this list doesn't include any needlepoint that I have going - this is just cross stitch.  My goal for this year is to complete one angel and to touch all of my WIPS at least once.  I think there was only 2 or 3 that didn't get touched in 2023, so I was happy with my results.    This is the angel I hope to finish, so we'll see if it gets done.  April and August will be Angel months for me.

I also participate in WIP Warriors and hope to do some of the challenges this year - need to figure them out and then actually do them.  I also do WIPGO, which this year isn't too specific on what I need to work on as I find that I stitch what I want and don't like being told what I need to stitch on.  Since it's my board and my rules, I'm going with the way I have it this year and see if I can't get a black out - came close last year.

If you want to see pictures, please scroll through the past year, you'll see where I was on each of them with the exception of Awake My Soul, that one was a new start the end December and will be photoed before I put it away.

Sandy

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your intro post and can’t wait to see your progress. I’m about to read The seven deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle which is a fantasy whodunit. Can’t wait to give it a try. Hope you get back into your quilting soon as well. Good luck with finishing the Angel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Bonnie. Didn’t know it would post me as anonymous 🤭

      Delete
  2. Fabulous list of WIPs there. I completed Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow last year, that was such a fun piece to stitch.

    ReplyDelete