My Blog List

Sunday, May 26, 2024

May -be it came, May-be it didn't

 I guess we are at the end of May, I know this because my son had his birthday today as well as one of my best friends - easy to remember her birthday, my other friend's birthday is on my youngest kid's birthday - how is that for picking friends.  My other friend is harder to remember - she was born on the day man first stepped on the moon - so know it's in July, but have to goggle the exact date each year.

So the question of the month from Measi's Blog who is our wonderful leader is:

Question of the Month:  How do you personally distinguish between a Work in Progress (WIP) and an Unfinished Object (UFO)?

Well that is an easy question - the location of the project - if it's upstairs in my small cubical or footstool, it's WIP because I will work on it at some point.  If it's been relocated to the basement in one of my bins, then it's an UFO :). And yes there are projects down there that haven't seen the light of day in years, but at some point they will, I've only actually totally abandon one project in my life - and that was a wedding sampler I started when I married my first husband - I decided it wasn't something that I ever wanted to finish as the marriage only lasted 3 years.  Second marriage has lasted 40 years and still going strong.

I've not been very proactive this month - like April this month was filled with trips to the emergency room with one or the other parent.  Hopefully we have found a good solution, my Dad is not happy with the solution, but it is giving me some relief, as I'm only running to the assisted living 2 or 3 times a day vs. 4 or 5 times when they were at home.   I did get a week off of parent duty and got some snuggles in with my youngest grandchild which was so nice.  Hopefully June will be better and more projective - so what did I do?

This is Rosewood Manor's Autumn Quaker - I made a major mistake on it, and had to re-do some, but fudged the rest and I'm OK with it.  The top is pretty well done, and while I think wow I have a lot done - I'm not really more than 33% done - so a long ways to go.  this one most likely won't come back out this year, but it will get finished.  the gap at the top is for the date, leaving that for last because who knows what year it will get finished.

Next one that I worked on is My Family Tree by Thistle Design.  I have the top row down, again, this is now about 33% done.  Not sure where I'll go next, but my hope is to get two more houses done on either the left or the right side.  Not sure if I'll pull this out again this year, but I would like to get it done sooner rather than later.  I know I will need to get more thread, there is a tree in the middle and I know I don't have enough overdyed thread to do it and finish the outline - so would rather get new thread for the tree so if the dye lots are really different it won't matter :)


The Last up is Simple Gift - Courage by Praise Worthy Stitches.  This one is based on people who have had cancer, the chart is done in pinks for breast cancer, but doing colors that will range from blue to purple to teal for different people in my family who had had cancer and survived, or who have had cancer and lost the battle.  

I will put their initials in the design where I can and then add their names.  Basically the 1st page is complete.  I've done a little bit more and have started page 2 with a new color, but didn't take an updated picture yet.  This one will go away and I'll be pulling out something new to work on which will be part of my June posting.

This picture is an oldie but goodie.  I did this for my Mom probably back in the 80's.  I found it in their basement with some water damage done.  Washed it and through I had most of it out, but some still shows.  I'm re-framing it and had this frame in my stash.  So will mount it and lace the back and get some glass to go on it.  Not sure why my Mom took it down, but thinking it was because my sister gave her an owl that she got and had framed for her.  Oh well, not easy being the middle child.  

Hope you all have had better stitching than me this month.  Need to get back into a routine, it helps with the stress.

Sandy




1 comment:

  1. The stitched cat is cute! Nice projects you've got going. I have an messed up arm so my stitching has suffered. I'm only stitching small stuff. Hope June is an easier one for you.

    ReplyDelete