My Blog List

Thursday, December 19, 2013

A year in review….

As I sit and watch a year in review on TV, it makes me think of what I had on my list to do and what I actually did.  So, its time to think about what I accomplished in 2013 vs. what I had hopes of accomplishing.  Needless to say I didn't get a lot of my wish list items completed, but did get the most important one done!!

My hopes and desires for 2013 were as follows:

1. Spirit Dancer - This was completed and mailed to the framer who did an OK job.  I have seen it in person yet, but the picture showed a wrinkle in the upper right corner.  My daughter didn't notice it when she picked it up, so it will have to wait until I can get back home.

2. EarthDancer - which was supposed to be done for my daughter's graduation in June, but then it was suppose to be done 11 years ago June.  This one will be a main focus for 2014.  Its time for it to be done.

3. Painted Pony - Princess Angel for my granddaughter is about 90% done, just beading and back ground to finish.  There is a little more done than this - I just need to get the beading done and the rest will fall into place.

4. At least 3 more animals on CB’s Noah’s Ark afghan – (O P & Q)  I know I took a picture but can't find it.  This was out when I pulled the threads then put into a storage foot stool and forgotten.  The year isn't over, so maybe I'll pull it out and do at least one!

5. PeliCan - a few stitches done, but not enough to post :(  Not sure if this one will see the light of day in 2014.

6. Sleeping Princess - got the threads, beads and material, but haven't put a stitch in it at all
7. August Peridot - it was started, but not a lot of progress.  Decided not to do the face over one.  This one will get time in 2014, might not get done, but to make progress.

8. Train belt - I think I have 4 cars pretty well done.  I need to put this into my purse and work on it when I have a few minutes.  I usually work on it while traveling, but it didn't make my bag the last trip.  Maybe the next trip.

9. Leigh's Dragon - did more un-stitching than stitching this year.  I just can't find a stitch I like, so it sits and looks at me.

10. Thine is the Trick and Treat - this was a start and finish in 2013 - still waiting to be framed.   This was fun to do, I like using one kind of thread, there isn't anything to think about other than counting :)  It took a lot more thread than I had thought it would, but happy with it none the less.

11. Halloween Tree - another start and finish in 2013.  This one I was motivated to finish because I paid so much for the buttons!!  Now to get it framed, hopefully after the first of the year. 

I had a few other smaller finished, SB's Boo, which was a little halloween design and an ornament for an exchange.  Also finished 2 counted canvases :)

I think I also had 2 quilts on my list, both of them are still sitting waiting to be assembled :( and my socks for my sister are still waiting to be worked on - they are very neglected.  So how did I resolve that lack of progress?  I started a new sock and another sweater….

So what did you all get done?  What will you be working on in 2014 - stay tune for my New Year wish list.

Sandy


2 comments:

  1. Great to see your year in review! I haven't had one finish this year that I can think of at all, but I have managed to fit in a tiny bit of stitching here and there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spirit Dancer is gorgeous! Will Earth Dancer be just as big? The train belt looks like fun. Your two Halloween designs look great! Will the Painted Pony Princess be framed or finished onto a pillow or some other way? She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete