My Blog List

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

March is marching into April and I'm still looking for February

 Wow, has this month just flown by, not sure where it went and so much has happened in these short 30 days.  I know I'm 2 days late in posting my WIPocalypse.  If you want to know what other's are working on, then I encourage you to visit Measi's blog which you can find here:

WIPocalypse

So the question this month is:

What is your process for working on WIP's?  One at a time, rotation or something else?

I would have to define myself as a one at a time rotation-something else stitcher.....I'm trying to be better at rotating what I'm working on, but then I will pull something out and get this overwhelming urge to work on it until it's done. 

Then other times I'll pull something out and can't wait to find a reason to put it back away.  So at any given time I could work on 10 things in a rotation of sorts, or one thing because all of a sudden I'm obsessed with getting it done.  I am trying to be better about what I work on and I'm using a decision wheel, so those projects that I really do like, but don't like stitching will get worked on and hopefully completed.

With that being said - March was not a productive month!!  My daughter had her baby, so we've made two trips to KY to spend time with the new granddaughter :)  I do bring stitching to do with me, but to be honest, I'd rather rock my granddaughter than stitch. And when I'm home I've been busy doing other things.

No one can rock her to sleep like grandma.  No matter how fussy the baby is, I find my zen in rocking.  My daughter is doing well and Ms. Peola is already making her demands and wants known.  She is not shy. 

Ms. Jolene was my daughters fur baby and had my daughters undivided attention.  She is learning to adjust, but is not happy with the changes and makes her discontent known as she walks around the house with her little penguin crying loudly.  I'm not sure if she is trying to compete with Peola or just voicing her wants.  

She is very gentle around the baby, so there is no worries of her bitting or anything else.  She is a very affection cat, and I'm sure as Peola grows they will be fast friends.  My other daughter has two small dogs, they are not allowed upstairs, but at some point will be introduced to Peola.  

I also decided that I'm done being stressed out with work, I love what I do, but have not been happy with my employer for a long time now.  2 of my bestie co-workers have left and the 3rd will most likely leave when a better opportunity presents itself.   I'm not sure if I will really retire, or if I will look for something else, but right now I'm excited to turn off my alarm and see what is on late night TV again.  

So what did I stitch in March?  I had two projects that I worked on.  My Guardian Angel, which is for Peola and a needlepoint that I call Pig Angel, which is for my sister.  The Angel got a lot of loving while my daughter was in the hospital giving birth.  I needed something to keep me occupied.  I didn't have a lot done, the top part of the wing, and here is where it is now.  

I was missing a few colors, so it held me up from doing more in the hair, I had hoped to get the face done, but didn't happen.  I also would like to get more of the wing done, so that I can get down to the dress and bigger blocks of color.  

The needlepoint has a little more done than what this picture shows.  I have been doing the back ground, I am really happy with the stitch I picked out.  This is one of those projects that I'm obsessed on getting it done now.  Hoping to have it done soon.  There isn't a lot left, the clouds some outlining and some beading on the dress and of course the back ground (I have about 1/3 left to do).  But here is what it looks like now.  Hope to have a finish with April's posting.  I know the nose looks funky right now, I wanted to do a thinner outline than what you see around the pig itself.  So I promise it will look better at some point. 

I have done my spin again for April and my two projects are Rosewood's Autumn Quaker and Coming Home, which I think is the Mayflower, but I need to verify.

I also hope to do some sewing, I have a couple of quilts that don't need a lot of work to get them done and a rag quilt that I need to sew up for the Peola.  I have moved my extra monitors and will put down one of my tables and then set up a stitching nook in my basement.  I can't wait for April to get here!!

Hope to have more to show next month.

Sandy











2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful excuse not to have stitched much! Love the photo with the cat too. Peola is a pretty name, what is the origin or meaning?
    I say retire and do some volunteering for a cause you love. I've only worked part time since having my children and it's a much better balance. If you can afford to do it by cutting corners and going without luxuries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo - Peola is my Mother-in-law's name, and she used to watch Sara when our daycare closed unannounced. Not many people with the name - I think it said something like 36 in the US, so she won't be confused with other students in school.

    ReplyDelete