My Blog List

Thursday, April 8, 2021

1 week retired and I'm ready to be back at work

 I know for most people retirement is a wonderful thing.  Lots of stitching time and being able to do things like travel and such.  And I'm sure I will get into the groove, but right now I'd rather be working....what was I thinking....oh yeah I was working for a jerk and it was stressing me out.

I digress, it wasn't all that bad, I really do love what I was doing and have been working in the same field for over 30 years.  I wasn't ready to retire, but felt that I really needed to leave that employer and when you pass that magic age, no one seems to want to hire you :(  America just doesn't value experience in older workers unless it's a Walmart Greeter, which I'm not saying that is not an honorable job, just doesn't pay what I'm used to making.

So while there was very little stitching done this past week, there was a lot of grandma time :)  Somehow even holding a cranky baby was a delight.  The hat is one I made for her cousin 13 1/2 years go when she was born.  

hopefully I will be posting more often and will  have more pictures.  I'm off to my parents for a visit, then to the LNS and a new chart :)  

Happy Thursday- that seems like a Saturday


2 comments:

  1. So cute! I am looking forward to the day I can retire. I'll probably be in my 70s though (if I'm still alive). Unless I can find me a rich man, lol. Enjoy your freedom from the grind and your grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that little face!! Hopefully you will discover the same thing that I did when I stopped full time work - all the brain power you expended on work things has to do something. So you become more creative. I started writing (journalism, not stories) and creating Blog Hops and SALs!

    ReplyDelete