My Blog List

Sunday, October 31, 2021

It's halloween and time to update for WIPocalypse

 I'm sitting here with my candy bowl full and hoping for at least one little spooky visitor tonight.  Last year i was in KY for the big day and our neighborhood did trick or treating that afternoon, and it was so much fun.  We had about 40 or so kids come!!  This year they did it yesterday, but since my daughter has a small baby and I was on my way home, she left the treats at the end of the driveway.  Well within 10 minutes someone took ALL of them!!  Such a shame that parents allow and even encourage that kind of behavior.  It just makes people not want to do things like leave treats when you can't actually be down there to hand out.  In our neighborhood everyone's house is on an acre or more, so the driveways are long and most are uphill one way or another.   Last year was the first year in 20 years that we've lived there that they actually had the events.

The question this month is:  Do you prefer Halloween or Christmas stitching?  I've always loved Halloween, don't get me wrong i love Christmas, too, but other than stockings for people, I really haven't done much stitching for Christmas.  Halloween it seems that I always have something going or something planned.  And unlike a lot of people, mine stay up all year long.   I don't have a lot, but I have a lot in my stash to do LOL

October wasn't a very productive month for me - I've been doing No New Starts and I think the new starts are really good for me because i tend to finish a lot of those, where with my WIP's I just don't seem to be that excited about stitching on them.  I did get a little bit done on my Lucky 13 - I got 2 more motifs done and have one left.  I plan on working on that one yet tonight to see if I can't get it done - it is a Halloween design.  

So here is what I did, I moved the snaps about mid way through the witch so took a quick pictures.  that picture shows a truer color of the linen, than the smaller pictures.  The skelton is off by a row and possibly a column, but the witch is back on track.  Last one is the flying pumpkin.  

So what did I do all month?  Well I did work and I do take care of my Mom in the mornings - I help my dad get her up and going.  My dad gets her breakfast all together, and I get her up and showered.  Some days it's a real challenge, other days not so much.  And while it can be a lot of work, I always think how lucky I am to have this time with my folks and how luck I am to still have my folks!!  So when it seems like this can be a chore, i chose to look at it as a privilege.  And my Mom does make me laugh at times, for a woman who was always so easy going, she sure is showing her stubborn side now LOL.

I also have been planning all my new starts for 2022.   I have 26 WIP right now, of which 7 have been put in a semi-permanent time out.  So that isn't too bad, as I know others have a lot more than me....do you feel like sharing your numbers?  Going through my charts, I have identified 23 that I want to start!!  But I'm not going to start them all at the same time - that would be just crazy right?  So I will allow myself 8 new starts, and then any other starts will only be done after something gets finished.  At some point I will go through everything that I plan on working on and what my initial starts will be for 2022.  I need to pick out my 1-1-2022 start, but I have time to determine that one.  

Hope you all have had a wonderful month, and look forward to seeing what you've accomplished.  Now to go and watch out for the kids.  Sure hope we get some, but they might have done it yesterday and I missed it :(.


2 comments:

  1. I sure like the Lucky 13. I looked it up and the cost was a tad bit too much for my budget. I still like it though! I have about 27 or 28 WIPs. I used this entire year to wittle my WIPs down and have 15 finishes so far. It all changes in January with my bday SAL where I have 29 new starts that I start on the 1st. I think this January will make it the 4th run of my bday SAL. I've seen some fb stitchers with 100+ WIPs! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Lucky 13 design. I also prefer Halloween to Christmas although I do enjoy stitching 12 Days of Christmas designs!
    I've currently got 22 WIPs of which 8 are inactive and only get touched once a year for my Lomgest Day Marathon. Some are long term projects and some are individual designs within a series so I feel like I am ticking off finishes.

    ReplyDelete