My Blog List

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Slowly rebuiding...so who am I?

 I've been working on putting my computer life back together.  Thankfully I had photos on my phone and was able to download from FB and my blog.  I'm still missing a lot of old photos, but recovered some that were important to me.

On the first Sunday of January we were supposed to introduce ourselves and I guess talk about our aspirations for the coming year.  I would include a link to Measi's website, but for some reason I can't access it right now.  I know she has been having some blog issues, so maybe her sight is down for a minute???

So who am I?  I am the middle child of 5 - 2 older and much wiser sisters and 2 younger and at times believed more loved brother & sister.  However I was my Grandma Millie's granddaughter and spent a lot of my younger years with her.  It was probably a win-win for my Dad, my grandpa had past away when I was 4 and my grandma was very lonely.  My Mom had 4 kids at that point and #5 was on the horizon, so having one less child to deal with at home was probably more than welcomed.  My Mom was an only child (she has a half sister who was raised by her maiden aunts after their Mom died), so my Mom was not use to having a lot of people around, and with them all under 8 at the time, I' sure was more than she ever expected would happen. So every morning I would get up really early because I wanted to go with my Dad to his office, which just happened to be in my Grandma's basement (family business).  Where else could a middle child get treated like an only child but at Grandma's?  My Grandma gave me my love for stitching and sewing.

So who am I?  I'm my Grandma Millie's child and I miss her ever day, she lived to be almost 96, and until the last 6 months could tell you who you are and what she did yesterday.  She was an amazing woman.

My aspirations for 2022?  WIPocalypse for sure - I've been participating in this for about 10 years now, and love the encouragement from the group.

I also joined No New Starts for 2022 and WIPGO - No New Starts I participated in last year and didn't start ANY new projects for almost a full year - boy was that HARD!!

No New Starts has 3 different events you can choice from - Work your Wip (WYW), No New Starts (NNS) and 22 in 22.  I jointed 22 in 22 - which is basically declaring 22 projects, and as you finish one, you can add a new one of equal or less size, but must put in 200 stitches in your start immediately, which I thought - OMG that is a lot, but it really is not a lot of stitching.  I had planned on starting the year with 14 WIP's, but ended up finishing two of them in December, so I was down to 12, and added a new starts that would have been added during the year

This was my list as I originally posted it, but I finished Lucky 13 and Peter's Patch after I had posted so


so I'm adding 2 new ones - 

Scarlet LetterElizabeth Eyles
Glendon PlaceWITCH         

I think I have a nice variety of things to work on this year and looking forward to a few finishes, or at least progress on all of them.

WIPGO you setup like a Bingo board with 25 squares, each square has a goal that you need to work on in the month it was called, but you really just need to complete it at some point.  The first 2 numbers called were 2 and 19.  2 is starting my Right to Vote - which hasn't been started and I need to get 200 stitches in it the first time I work on it since it is part of my 22 in 22 as well.  I need a good afternoon to really get going on it.  The other number was for 2 animals on my CB afghan.  I might have over estimated my ability to do 2 animals!!  I got the Raccoons almost done working on it each night for a week, but ran out of one colour of threads, so it got put away for now.  I will pull it back out after I've worked on Right to Vote.  Can't wait to see what tomorrow February brings.  Hopefully next month I can add my board here and maybe will have some squares completed LOL

I will post pictures once I have some new ones taken and have them sorted out.  These are my goals for 2022.

Picture of myself (second from the right as you look at it) and my siblings.  this was the year I graduated from high school and this is a very OLD picture, but I look good LOL



1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you! I was very close to my Nana too, but in a different way. She has a brain tumour when she was in her fifties and while she recovered well, you can imagine what brain surgery was like in the 1960s! Very much in its infancy. Mostly she was just very forgetful and I would remind her what she was doing! She lived to be 84 though and I was with her at the very end. My large Angel in my Christmas photos is her memory piece.
    I'm also doing the 22:22 for NNS and WIPGO, I think they will be both fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete